conducts the following activities
the hope that we can abolish animal experimentation.
- Inform the general public of the truth concerning the suffering
and death of laboratory animals, and turn public opinion against
- From research organisations we seek the release of research
data on animal experiments, which are conducted in secret, as
well as public scrutiny of experiment facilities.
- We are attempting to initiate on-site inspections of research
facilities by private animal protection organisations, and establish
an organisation to monitor the research itself.
- We are asking the government to pass strong animal protection
- We are asking MHW to approve, assist, and promote alternative
methods to animal testing.
- We are asking the Ministry of Education to stop the use of
dissection in the schools.
- We are asking the Environment Agency to implement a protection
policy for the Japanese monkey.
- We are calling for a boycott of cosmetic manufacturers that
continue to test on animals.
- We are pursuing holistic medicine that does not require animal
- We are making a choice for a peaceful way of living our everyday
lives that does not demand sacrifices of other living things.
- We are asking local government to stop selling dogs and cats
to animal experimenters.
( Approximately 80 percent of the dogs and cats used in experiments
in Japan are pets thrown away by their owners. AVA-net has been
lobbying hard for such practice to be discontinued. Since our
group started to rescue dogs that had been abandoned after an
experiment, with no medical attention given and close to death,
Tokyo and many prefectures have stopped offering strays to experimenters.)
You Can Do
Write to Japan's corporations, government agencies, and research
facilities and let them know that you object to what they are
doing! They are usually very sensitive to international criticism,
which means that your letters will go a long way toward relieving
the suffering of animals in Japan. You can also write to Japan's
Prime Minister and ask him to help pass effective legislation
for the regulation and monitoring of animal.
Please help the animals used in tests by writing a letter to
the Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi at:
The Prime Minister's Office
2-3-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8914 Japan.
You can write your comment on the administration of Japan at http://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment.html